The new AVR’s also bring HEOS® multi-room wireless music streaming to a new affordable price-point, allowing them to interact with the HEOS line of products to create whole-house entertainment systems, all under app control. The AVR-X2400H ($799) and AVR-X1400H ($599) are expected to be available in May 2017 at authorized Denon retailers.
The AVR-X2400H is a 7.2-channel design, with fully discrete amplifier technology that brings high power as it deliver 95 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 20 Hz~20 kHz, 0.08% THD from each of its seven channels, and a powerful, precise and detailed sound from music and movies alike. It has built-in decoding for both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, creating immersive three-dimension cinema experiences.
Eight HDMI inputs, including one conveniently positioned on the front panel, feed a video section supporting Full 4K Ultra HD, HDCP 2.2, HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, allowing the connection of all the latest devices such as game consoles, Blu-ray players or streaming set-top-boxes. It comes ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma; via future firmware update), and has an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video to true 4K. Two HDMI outputs mean users can even connect a TV and a projector in parallel.
Being a Denon product, the AVR-X2400H is built to play music to a very high standard. With its wireless Bluetooth, it seamlessly plays music direct from portable devices, and has full network connectivity via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Dual antenna and dual-band support guarantee a strong network signal even in crowded Wi-Fi environments, and once connected, the AVR-X2400H opens up unlimited music sources and playback options, including Apple AirPlay, network attached storage devices (NAS),TuneIn Internet Radio and a wide range of streaming services including Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Prime Music, iHeart Radio, Sirius XM, Sound Cloud®, Tidal, Napster or Deezer (*), (where available; subscriptions may be required).
High-resolution audiofiles including FLAC, ALAC or DSD (even up to 5.6MHz) are also supported and played back in impeccable quality.
The networking built-in enables HEOS integration. Through the HEOS app, available for iOS, Android™ and Fire® devices, users can easily stream their favorite music to any—or all—rooms in the home by easily connecting via Bluetooth or an existing Wi-Fi network. The HEOS app instantly gives users multi-room audio control at their fingertips, commanding music in every room from any HEOS device. Another bonus is the ability to stream the Bluetooth content from one speaker to other speakers over the Wi-Fi Network
The AVR-X2400H is simple to set up and use with Denon’s exclusive Setup Assistant. It features clear on-screen graphics and text that quickly and easily guide users through the setup process, optimizing critical system settings for the best possible sound quality. Four Quick Select function buttons let the user choose their favorite input sources, and remember preferred audio settings for each source to deliver precisely tailored sound.Lastly, Denon’s advanced ECO Mode enables the AVR-X2400H to tailor its power consumption to the way it’s being used, reducing energy use by as much as 50% when playing at low levels. The user can switch the ECO Mode on, turn it off for full-power use at high levels, or set it to Auto and allow the AVR-X2400H to make the decisions based on the content being played and volume levels. An on-screen Eco meter can be displayed to monitor the amount of energy the receiver is using.
Combining high performance with flexibility and HEOS integration, the Denon AVR-X2400H is designed as the complete home entertainment solution.
With 80W per channel at 8 ohms, 20 Hz~20 kHz, 0.08% THD, the AVR-X1400H still has more than enough power to deliver the full immersive Dolby Atmos/DTS:X effect, while six HDMI inputs – including one on the front panel for convenient temporary hook-ups – give plenty of connectivity options for modern playback devices.
The AVR-X1400H also features Audyssey MultEQ XT automatic calibration and compatibility with the new Denon Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, while set-up and operation are simplified by the exclusive on-screen Setup Assistant, and the provision of four Quick Select buttons to give instant selection of favorite sources and your preferred settings for them.
And Denon’s unique advanced ECO Mode offers significant power savings when playing at low volumes, while allowing full power working for full cinematic thrills. An on-screen display allows you monitor power use in real time.
At a glance:Denon AVR-X2400H – Highlights & Benefits
- 7.2 channel AV Receiver with 95W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz~20 kHz, 0.08% THD) Enough power to fill your room with unique Denon sound
- Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology integration Music enjoyment in the whole house with more HEOS products
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 2 HDMI outputs Plenty of inputs for all digital devices; ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, Dolby Vision compatible, HDR, HLG (via firmware update) and BT.2020 Future-proof video standards
- Advanced Video Processing with 4K Scaling for HDMI sources Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing digital video sources
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X decoding Blockbusting 3D sound with effects from overhead
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet Radio and a wide range of streaming services including Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Prime Music, iHeart Radio, Sirius XM, Sound Cloud®, Tidal, Napster or Deezer, Network Audio Streaming Access to almost unlimited online music sources
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support High Resolution audio streaming for HiFi enthusiasts even in Gapless
- Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ Delivering perfect equalization for the individual room
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app support (available for $20 US in the Appstores) Professional fine-tuning of equalization parameters
- Setup Assistant, Denon 2016 AVR Remote app Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting Energy-conscious without compromising on performance
- 3rd Party control option; IP control, IR remote in/out and RS232C port Controlling via 3rd Party Home Automation systems
- 7.2 channel AV Receiver with 80W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz~20 kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 6 HDMI inputs / 1 output
- No Advanced Video Processing with 4K Scaling
- n/a RS-232c port
- n/a IR remote out
Denon is a world leader in the manufacture of the highest-quality home theater, audio and software products. Denon is recognized internationally for innovative and groundbreaking products and has a long history of technical innovations, including the development and groundbreaking commercialization of pulse-code modulation (PCM) digital audio. Denon Electronics is owned by Sound United LLC. For more information visit www.usa.denon.com
Sound United is a division of DEI Holdings with an award-winning portfolio of audio brands that deliver industry-leading home theater and personal audio listening experiences for a wide-range of consumers. Each brand provides an expansive array of audio products that includes high-end and custom installation audio, to mid-tier markets that cover loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless multi-room music systems, Bluetooth®speakers, amplifiers, turntables and headphones.
Dedicated to artfully reproducing audio for listeners and enthusiasts around the world, Sound United is comprised of Denon®, Marantz®, Polk Audio, Definitive Technology, Polk BOOM, HEOS®, and Boston Acoustics®. And each brand offers a unique approach to bringing home theater and music to life. Whether it’s through the legendary heritage of Denon, the classic sound of Polk Audio, the premium performance of Definitive Technology, the highly-sought-after amplification of Marantz, the action-inspired form factors of Polk BOOM, the wireless home audio solutions of HEOS, or the accessible performance of Boston Acoustics, Sound United is your sound — so listen.