The latest Denon and Marantz audio video products use Audyssey MultEQ for simple, accurate one-touch set-up and calibration of the system to the room in which it’s used. The Audyssey technology detects the size, type and configuration of speakers used, and also measures their response in the room for optimal performance – whether running a simple 5.1-channel set-up or a full-blown Dolby Atmos/DTS:X immersive surround system.
Chris Kyriakakis, Chief Technology Officer, Audyssey Laboratories, Inc., states: “The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app enables users to enjoy reference sound that is free of room acoustics problems and also apply their own listening preferences. We are very pleased to be working closely with Denon and Marantz to deliver this unique capability for fine tuning these AV Receivers.”
- View the Audyssey MultEQ speaker detection results, to check and modify the configuration, and adjust for any unusual speaker set-ups
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems and see just what changes the system is making
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit individual tastes
- Adjust the overall EQ frequency roll-off for each channel pair
- Switch between two high-frequency roll-off target curves
- Enable/Disable midrange compensation to make the sound brighter or smoother, perhaps making dialogue even clearer or taming those hard-edged soundtracks
- Save calibration results for ‘piece of mind’, ready for instant re-loading should one ever need to reset their system
Denon AV Receiver: AVR-X6300H, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X1300W, AVR-S930H, AVR-S730H, AVR-S920W, AVR-S720W. Not compatible with Denon models other than those listed above. Selected upcoming 2017 Denon Network AV receivers will support the app as well.
Marantz AV Receiver: AV7703, SR7011, SR6011, SR5011, NR1607. Not compatible with Marantz models other than those listed above. Selected upcoming 2017 Marantz Network AV receivers will support the app as well.
Audyssey MultEQ Editor app:
- A simple, intuitive app allowing the user to edit Audyssey MultEQ settings
- Allows detailed adjustment to compensate for specific room problems
- Provides customization options to tailor the sound to the user’s preferences
- Gives the home theater enthusiast even greater control over the performance of their surround sound system
- Allows calibration settings to be saved and restored should the system ever need to be reset
- Available for iPhones and iPads, and for Android smartphones and tablets